Thursday, June 9, 2016

At Least Know What You Are Reviewing


So I haven't seen the Warcraft Movie yet. I don't know if it is good or not. I know it will make money regardless if the movie is received poorly by critics, which if Transformers franchise has proved anything if it makes money they will keep making them. So I believe we will be seeing more Warcraft Movies in the future.

With that out of the way I am just sitting reading some of the reviews that have taken place, and I really don't know what to say. I know the fantasy genre never goes over well with critics. These are the people that picked movies for best picture each year that leaves the public scratching their heads the day they award it and then years later wonder what were they thinking.

So fantasy movies don't review well, and video game movies generally even worse, because in my mind the critics don't think they belong. Reading the reviews basically drives this point home. Complaining about names, about there being no "good" side, will be enjoyed by basement dwellers and nerds, must be an up to date subscriber to understand, and these were just were just some of them. Critics in my mind just like I point out with game reviews should actually be educated on what they are actually reviewing. If you know nothing about the subject matter why should I listen to you. Myself as someone who knows the franchise these reviews offer nothing to me besides obviously pointing out you know nothing about the subject matter. The point of a review is to get a grasp on what you are thinking about going to see. These views offer nothing towards that. All they show is that the critics are out of touch with the job they are getting paid to do.

Well regardless I will watch it and give my own opinion based on someone who knows the material and how well it was transferred to the big screen. At least I know what it should be.

1 comment:

  1. Find out how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING by staying home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
    GET FREE ACCESS NOW

    ReplyDelete