Thursday, May 5, 2016

Twitch Bans


So over the last week or so we have been blessed with the news of a series of Twitch bans which have gone down for a variety of different reasons. Now the first thing that comes to my mind is that many of these bans are for people who are attention seekers. Then it gets me thinking of the people who are watching these streams and why.

When I watch a twitch stream it is either because the game they are playing is something that I may be interested in and want to get a feel. Could also be because I find the person streaming entertaining and worth my time, and lastly because there is some sort of tournament that I have turned in to watch. So then why are these people watching these streams just for an "accident" or an "incident" are these things entertaining to people? Why? Like it really makes me worry about civilization as a whole.

There are tons of streamers out there who are there for the better of gaming communities, people who want to have a good time with friends, or professionals who are trying to make ends meet the best way they can because they need to put the time in. These are the types of people twitch is for and all about. Not the attention seekers and the idiots. The people that are giving the streaming world a bad name because of what has happened in the last few weeks.

So when you decide to watch a stream do so for the right reasons. And not just because I think they are the right reasons, but because they actually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment