Thursday, May 26, 2016

Advertising Overload


So something has been bugging me lately and really it is a pretty stupid thing to have been bothering me. And when I say lately I mean basically for years, but lately is just the time I sat down and started writing about it. So we all know when a new game comes out that there will be tv ads telling you all about it. This is a normal thing it happens. The thing that has been bugging me though is that they never seem to stop. I just watch one set of commercial breaks and I shit you not 2 were for Overwatch and 2 were for Uncharted 4 and that was just during one break.

Has anyone else noticed this? There is advertising then there is drowning you in it. It seems for the first 3 weeks of a game coming out they tend not to only advertising it but make sure it is all you are thinking about. Do these companies really have this much of an advertising budget and realize commercials really aren't that expensive to run and just say you know what just don't stop running it. I want people to buy these games or if they don't I want them to feel guilty about doing so. Or better yet I want them to feel like they are being punished for not buying the game yet.

I really cannot be the only one who notices this. I also cannot be going crazy in being "aware" of it. I actually have got out a pen and paper and started to keep track and on what channel just to see if I am imagining this madness. I will, of course, keep you all up to date on the results regardless if it is in my mind or not.

So don't get me wrong I am not blaming the companies for doing this more like trying to understand the process of everyone involved. Because there is such a thing of too much, at least in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment