Thursday, January 28, 2016

Totalbiscuit Disconnects


For those of you who don't know John "Totalbiscuit" Bain has announced he is quiting social media. Now if you haven't heard the sound cloud of him doing so it will be at the bottom of this post. Now why is it that I feel the need to post about this? Well Totalbiscuit is a huge part of the gaming community and one of the people that has enabled eSports to take off the way it has outside of Korea. So ya gaming wise he is a big deal.

One thing he has never been able to do is step away from the negative. I just assume it is his personality that he wants to provide content that everyone likes. I get that, but I realized a long time ago you like me or you don't. It would drive me insane and break me down if I didn't do this. This is what has happened to Totalbiscuit. In addition to that he has terminal cancer, and makes what he is dealing with that much more difficult.

The thing is he wants to still provide everyone with what they like and want despite the large possibility that life itself is giving him the short end of the stick. This makes him an admirable guy and makes his actual goodbye something people should listen to feel how much it hurts him that he would do such a thing to those who enjoy everything he does.

Even with everything he has going on he still puts out more content then 90% of the industry and will continue to do so. He really is a special breed of person for someone who has every reason in the world to give up he keeps going doing what he loves and what people love him for.

Now to those who are forcing him to make this decision well you too are a special breed of person in the total opposite way. This isn't just about bad criticism this is about trolling someone who is going through this in their life. I really hope whoever these people are feel good about themselves. I for one will continue to watch and appreciate everything he does and if I agree or not still appreciate it all the same. As gamers we should all thank him for his contributions and the ones he continues to make every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment