Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Best Of Times


So the last couple days I have been talking about all the bad things that can happen to Gamers this time of year. This doesn't mean it is a bad time for us. What it does mean is there are things that we would like to avoid. With all the bad though comes a lot of good. When you were younger there was nothing like opening that new game and the anticipation in wanting to play it. I may have poked fun at having to sit through people who think they are amazing and are completely awful, but you would be hard pressed to beat those times when the non-gamers who know they are awful try their best to give it a go.

These are some of the moments I love. When people who are not gamers embrace the spirit of gaming like the rest of us. When they sit back and try new things for whatever reason. It doesn't matter that grandma is playing Wii Sports. What matters is that she is up there and trying doing something that we will all be able to talk about for years.

Also a great way to see people's competitive spirit come out into the lime light. There is nothing better than pumped up non gamers trash talking each other like they are the shit. Makes me actually feel sad for all the toxic players existing in the multiplayer atmosphere nowadays. If only those people could think how much a waste of time their attitude is.

So ya I may have been poking fun at some of the things I wish didn't go the way they do, but that doesn't mean I would change anything. The holidays have there good and the bad, but if I have to deal with the bad to have all the good I will take that every time.

Also gives me plenty to talk about!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard Civilization called "a game that people who don't play video games like", or something. I think the person was looking for the word "casual". Sure, there's quite a casual aspect to it, but it can also be played hardcore, which is why I like it. Casual vs Hardcore is a continuum, not a dichotomy

    Wii Sports and I suppose things like Candy Crush and Angry Birds are "casual", and I think most people playing them don't call themselves "gamers", but I also think that the definition of gamer is expanding to include such players. Sure, they might be "casual" gamers, but they're gamers nonetheless.

    I mean, just look at that tongue. That's some intense focus. That's actually kinda hardcore.

    ReplyDelete