Thursday, October 22, 2015

Knowing When Someone Is A Hypocrite


Sticking with the theme of the week I decided to go on a little rant about Assassin's Creed. Many people have been all over me about how I can not be ok with sports games coming out each and every year and some how when a new Assassin's Creed game comes out I am not in the least upset about it.

So why is that? Well first off I have no problem with sports games coming out every year. The problem I have with sports games is that there is minimal competition so the changes to the games are minimal and really don't warrant the asking price for them. Now then people would argue that the core mechanics of every Assassin's Creed game is the same. I would also argue that this is a good thing. Why you may ask? Well that is simple just like any game where there is a sequel of some sort you want the game to actually build on what you already know. Sure there will be some changes but the game you enjoy playing should stay the same. It is what is different in every Assassin's Creed game which is the part I enjoy.

Now most of you know by now that I am a big fan of history. I love the weapons, the architecture, the culture, and everything else. This is what each and every game brings and it is done at another level compared to other games. Even when some of the games story was not as great as others the history came through and someone like myself was even able to enjoy the game just as much as the others.

Other yearly games just don't have that amount of depth to them. This is why as long as the quality remains the same I will never have an issue at the games coming out each and every year. So to all those chirping me as a hypocrite why don't you actually think before you speak.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. Part of the reason I'm willing to spend $40+ on a new Blizzard game is the fact that I believe their storytelling is first class. A new book costs about $25 right now, so subtract that from the price of the game, and the gameplay itself is only $15, which I'll pay for a fun game with no plot any day. Sports games, by their nature, have no story, so they are not worth $40 unless they have major, positive changes.

    ReplyDelete