Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ask Gauss


Sunday! Yes it is that time of the week. Your weekend is coming to an end and you are wondering where in the hell it went. I am just as baffled as you are as I just sat down and realized I had questions to answer for the week. Here we go though let's get to it.

So I read your Esports piece. Do you think it is only a matter of time before we see Esports neck and neck with other sports on television?

Now I would say the viewership is already there. Millions tune in around the world on twitch to watch. Not only but thousands up thousands watch the events live. Now I would say right now the sponsorship is there to make this happen on mainstream television the question really is now do the events want that? Now I don't see it being a bad thing, but you never know. They may have to give up some broadcasting rights and change the equal and the expectations of content. I guess only time will tell.

Do you think it is too late to be releasing games still on previous generation systems?

Actually yes. Right now I would see anything still being released on the previous systems as a cash grab. It requires more development and it will be a downgrade in quality. Also you will be taking time away from the product you as a developer is best suited for release on. Giving your customers not the best product possible because you want to make more money really is the definition of greed. Really is sickening to think about.

Whatever happened to Bagellord?

Fell off a boat.

There they are questions all wrapped up for the week. Thanks to everyone who sent something in, and hopefully you and me can figure out what happened to our weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I miss FTH and people falling off the boat. Good times!

    ReplyDelete