Wednesday, October 15, 2014

There Is No Book, Or Teacher To Give The Answer

Middle of the week seems to get here so much quicker when Monday is a holiday. Think that is true because you really don't pay attention to what day it is until Tuesday. As most of you probably know the pre-expansion patch for Warlords of Draenor went live yesterday. For those of you who have had a chance to try it out hope you are enjoying your time with it. With the patches release though I started to think what expansions or DLCs have been the best? Normally when I have these thoughts I make a list, which is exactly what I am going to do. So here goes.

5. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls


With all the hate that came about because of Diablo III if you agree with it or not one has to recognize that Reaper of Souls should be on this list. It has given the game new life not only with a well done story where you feel you play a integral part, but it is not forced. You get answers to your questions. Also beyond the story the game is just fun to play regardless of playstyle.

4. Civilization V: Brave New World


Civilization expansions are always something special. This one though made you actually consider different strategies when playing the game. It offered a change from the normal, which for a long running game can be a mistake, but this went over very well in my books.

3. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King 


As always with my lists I try to only have a game on here twice even if it seems to apply in multiple cases. So I seriously thought about which expansion of World of Warcraft was the best. Thus far I must say overall with everything it brought Wrath was it. You felt involved and your part to the story matter. Along with all of the new features brought to the game I really don`t see how one could argue against it.

2. Starcraft: Brood War


It was extremely hard for me not to put this at number 1. This game brought in my eyes one of the greatest villians into the forefront. This game made the Queen of Blades someone never to be forgotten. The game brought inovation to the RTS scene and was played competitively just up until a couple years ago. The game will forever be known as iconic in my eyes and the gaming world as a whole.

1. Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of Vanities


Bonfire of Vanities was nothing short of spectacular. It not only let us spend more time with one of our favourite characters of all time, but in my eyes is the reason Brotherhood, and Revelations became games in the first place. Every step you want more and at the end you are left with the greatest speech ever in gaming.

There you have it. Think something should be here which is not well let me know one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am not an AC fan by any means but really over Brood War? I don't see how anything could ever be considered better

    ReplyDelete