Wednesday, September 24, 2014

We Will Be Together Again Soon

Woke up this morning and couldn't believe it is actually already Wednesday. How the days keep flying by it seems. Here is hoping they continue to do so since next Tuesday is one of the most anticipated games of the fall season for myself. Shadow of Mordor. With this in mind I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to talk about my Favourite Middle Earth based games of all time in this week's list. So here goes.

5. The Hobbit


Here is the game that started to make people believe that some reviewers really either are told waht to say or they really don't have much of an idea what they are playing. Back in 2003 this game didn't receive the greatest of reviews even with all the hype which game with it, but the general public loved the game and in most cases self reviewed the game at minimum 20% higher than most common reviews. 

4. J.R.R Tolkien's Riders of Rohan


A game which brings me back to my childhood and really can be called one of the first RTS games ever released. We really can thank this game for the future existence of Warcraft and Starcraft. The only criticism this game received was the fact that if you knew nothing about the back story you would find difficulty with the game. This though was the case as with most game adaptations of the early 90s

3. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King


One of the best games released of the PS2 generation the game received some of the best reviews of any game for the system itself. This coming from a time when Movie to Game adaptations were know as money grabs this game was not only fun for followers of movies and the series but for everyone as a whole.

2. Lego Lord of the Rings


Now I will be the first to admit that even I was surprised I actually was playing this. After I did I was not only amused and having a great time, but I wanted to play more and more. So before you wonder why a game like this even makes the list I suggest you play it.

1. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers


This game in many circles is know as the best movie to game adaptation ever, but even with that as a whole the game itself is know as the best PS2 and XBOX game ever made. To get some titles like that you expect it really is something. It is the game I compare every Middle Earth to this one so truthfully really can there be can any ranked above it?

There you have it this week's list. Agree or disagree as always let me know. To those counting the days to Shadow of Mordor with me I know what you are going through.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the lego games they really remind me of playing a parody game, but also have some good gameplay

    ReplyDelete