Friday, August 29, 2014

Welcome to Hardcore


Now today being Friday it should be the Reader Post. I know that you all know that, but I came across something today on the Diablo III forums which not only made me facepalm, but just really spoke to the entitled nature of some gamers out there today. So with that in mind here is the link to the post from Allanon if you are too lazy here is the post itself

The intent of the disclaimer (as everyone knows) is that Blizzard does not want to handle cry babies from blaming Comcast or other circumstances out of their control upon the death of a hardcore character. However, what has happened to myself and perhaps a few others is completely different.

Blizzard may not have physically deleted my character, but they may as well. I logged in on Wednesday around 9:15 PM after an extremely busy day on my level 28 Monk and was unaware of the still present server issues. Around 9:30 PM EST, the servers were brought down for maintenance and I was greeted with a 3007(?) error while at full health in the middle of combat. 

After 10 to 15 minutes when the issue was "fixed", the servers were brought back up and I was greeted with a dead character.

I understood the "risks" that I signed away when I chose to play hardcore. Yes, I was and still am fully comfortable with losing my character to anything outside of Blizzard control...but this was within the realm of Blizzard's control. There IS no difference between what happened to me and what is happening to the normal characters that have been deleted and restored. Why should I be punished just because I clicked a button that said that I won't be resurrected? Should I not be compensated if YOU delete my character? If so, the line begins to blur. I demand answers.

Now I understand frustration in losing a Hardcore character. I have been there and have had to deal with all the crap associated with it. I have also lost one of my characters to server problems completely out of control. This is one of the things you have to deal with hardcore wise. You cannot get attached. If you are that type of person you aren't really meant to play hardcore. If you get upset over a level 28 just wait until you lose your max level character for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Some people just have issues letting go. Those people should also never play Hardcore. You are right I would hate to see a max level geared character die

    ReplyDelete