Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What You Remember, That Is The Illusion

Here we are smack dab in the middle of the week unsure of not only what has already happened but also unsure of what is to come. Truthfully though if we knew would it really be that interesting? Looking back on the lists I have done I was quite surprised at what lists I have done. I know I always try to put them into contest, but really why have I never done a best villain or best hero? Then came the question which to do first? Everyone loves a villain so why not. So here are the 5 best Villains in gaming according to me

5. Kefka - Final Fantasy VI


He may not have super powers or any truly special abilities but he is probably the best psychopath ever in the hostory of gaming. I get people who say he is a somewhat joker rip off, but really he is a better Joker then Joker could ever hope to be.

4. Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda Series


There may be countless Links who take up the sword, but there will ever only be one Ganondorf. I am not ever the biggest Zelda fan and I know the impact of such a character to gaming. He is the definition of the classic villain type and pulls it off even in the current gaming world.

3. The Queen of Blades - Starcraft, Starcraft Brood War, Starcraft II


Notice how I didn't include Heart of the Swarm. It is for the very fact that she isn't the same person who murdered countless people in the pursuit of vengeance and destruction. One could say she is one of the only villains to truly win, as we saw at the end of Brood War. She was the Villain you were terrified of and also the one which you just want to see more of.

2. Arthas Menethil - Warcraft III, The Frozen Throne, Wrath of the Lich King


There truly are not many heroes who have fallen as far as Arthas has. He was supposed to be the protector of the light, but was the one who almost destroyed everything. He was calculated and diabolical. He also would have one if it wasn't for the precious Light, he once protected, getting its revenge. 

1. Sephiroth  - Final Fantasy VII


A great villain is one whose name only needs to be spoken and everyone nods their heads. Few villains have the power to be recognized from people who have not even played the game they came from. If there was a picture of someone beside villain in the dictionary it would be him.

There you have it this week's list all wrapped up for everyone to begin complaining about. This is actually one list I actually thought about making larger just so many I had to leave off, and doesn't feel right to do so. So go ahead let me know which you would have put on.

2 comments:

  1. No Caius? Caius is just epic everytime he talks, and really he won he destroyed the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bowser? I know it is kind of cliche but really I think he deserves some consideration. Sure a little cartoonish but still is everything you would want in a villain

    ReplyDelete