Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ask Gauss


Sunday end of the weekend here we are. I would say end of winter as well but it cannot really decide what it wants to do around here. Weather has been all over the place, that is Canada for you though. You are not here though to read me complain or praise the weather I am having. You are here to see me answer some questions. So I will just get right into it.

How do you feel about DLCs?

In general I have no issue with a company that wants to put out DLCs as long as they are addons to the game and are not essential to the experience. Some expansions are labeled as DLCs but at least they are explained to be such so never mind about those. I am talking about teh games which are not free to play which throw out all these DLC micro transactions which are needed to play the game correctly and effectively. It is wrong to treat your customers this way and really is something they should be ashamed of. EA is famous for this or famous for overcharging for basic things they add to the game.  A good DLC in my mind is something like the most recent DLCs for Lightning Returns they are just outfits for lightning which you don't need to play the game just something extra in case you wanted something different. Now if those outfits were needed to beat the game then it would be a completely different story.

Do you like the new D3 Paragon system?

I find this interesting because I was just having a talk with Ziggie about this the other day. I really didn't have a problem with it till he pointed out to look at someone's elite kills compared to their paragon level. When I did I felt cheated like I wasn't given enough for the time put in, and I wasn't even half the paragon Ziggie was. Just seems they didn't reward the people enough for their vanilla accomplishments if how people are leveling now is to be expected. Not sure their think behind I  really do feel for the people who had multiple 100 paragons whose time seems to have been wasted.

Did you get into Heroes of the Storm Alpha?

Sadly no, but hoping for the beta and I am sure you all will be hearing plenty about it when and if I do.

That's it questions all answered for this week. As always thanks to everyone who sent something in and make sure you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. They had to make it so people could compete with those who have been playing a lot not fair but understandable why they did it

    ReplyDelete