Wednesday, January 8, 2014

To Ask Why We Fight

Middle of the week and what a damn cold week it has been so far. Windchill and frostbite warnings everyday for the past week, actually kind of nuts when you think about it. When it is cold for a Canadian you know it has to be pretty damn cold outside. So with the weather I have had plenty of time to think about what I wanted to do for this week's list. When it came down to it I have returned to WoW so why not do a list of my favourite Lore Characters from the Warcraft Universe. Now this seemed easy when I first thought about it, but then I realize some epic characters would not be in my top 5. So with that in mind here we go.

5. Chen Stormstout

"With you I am, for once and truly, at home"

Now I have not yet completed all the Pandaria questline and from what I have seen from Chen there nothing changes my opinion of him. From a young age he felt different and wanted to see the world to become better at his craft. He went off and made friends with the unknown races. Only never sure where home truly was.

4. Medivh

"I failed humanity once before...and I will NOT do so again."

Medivh was supposed to be the one to watch over humanity and be the line of defence again demonic attacks. Although he never had a chance given tremendous power unknowing to to those around him he was corrupted by Sargearas himself and was in turn responsible for the opening of the dark portal and the first and second wars. Even with that he was brought back by his mother and he was the one who truly saved the world as "the prophet" during the third war.

3. Illidan Stormrage

"Whatever I may be - whatever I may become in this world - know that I will always look out for you, Tyrande."

Illidan is the one who seems to always get the short end of the stick. He always has the best intentions, but never goes about them the right way. He is that guy who goes to do the right thing then it blows up in his face. Perfect example he wanted to rid the world of the Lich King by destorying the Frozen Throne in doing so he ended up freeing Yogg Saron and we all know what happened in Northrend because of that. One thing though I am looking forward to is him confronting Sargeras he is the original demon hunter he should be there when the killing of "the demon" happens. Since he also is part demon also his returning to life wouldn't be a stretch at all.

2. Deathwing

"It is done! All that which must be given has been given, I now seal the Dragon Soul forever!"

Now people who just know Deathwing from WoW are probably thinking what in the hell can you possibly be thinking. The fact of the matter is before all that when he was first introduced we saw the formation of one of the best villains ever. People say Arthas has one of the best fall from grace stories and I believe Deathwing's makes his look just like a guy picking up a sword in a cave. He was smart calculated and would do anything to get what he wanted without letting you even realize what he was doing. There was nothing that wasn't a plan. He was patient, beyond patient whihc is why the only reason I can think of his end the way it was, was because he finally snapped.

1. Cairne Bloodhoof

"Now, you said that your warchief was in trouble – that the Horde needed the tauren once again. Well, Thrall did much for us in his time, and we will not fail him. My warriors will rendezvous with the warchief upon the battlefield, but I will be returning with YOU!"

Was there any doubt? Cairne was wise and honorable. He lived for peace but would fight to make sure those he cared for would have it. He power yet passive. He really would have been happen roaming the lands as Rexxar does. He is the type of person people strive to be and really is the reason I not only chose to play a tauren but a warrior as well.

There you have it this week's list. Who do you like? I know many of you will have issues with who is not on the list but as always if it was your list then it would be your list.



2 comments:

  1. Is to ask why the leaves fall... Nice list probably would have Thrall and Arthas in mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that was Chen in the opening cinematic?

    ReplyDelete