Saturday, September 14, 2013

Follow the Leader


Safiree & Gauss
Mostly Epic Saturdays

 Happy Saturday everyone. I hope your week was as great as mine. This week I was on the fence about posting on two different subjects. So instead of only choosing one i'll do both. Still will be rather interesting, and I hope to get some of your own input. First things first.

 Joining/Leaving a Guild. What is the proper way to go about this process? In my opinion it would depend on the type of gamer you are. If you aren't serious or loyal about anything in video games, then most likely you will be willing and up for anything. I am not this way. I put a lot of care into the guild that I am in, and I help others as much as I can. I really only leave a guild if there is nothing else I can do on my part to make things better to be around. Lately i've been really questioning whether being in a guild at all is going to work for me though.

 No, this isn't because of the people, not because of progression. I created a guild so that other people who were also new to Rift could share the same experiences I do. I had Gauss with me the entire leveling process, so having any questions, or problems I had a second brain to pick. (although it was always the other way around :P ). So being in this environment was a good place for the new players. Least that's what I was hoping for.

 The main problem i've had so far, isn't being a leader who isn't doing the necessary requirements of the job, not neglecting people, or belittling their experiences just because they might be new to MMO's. Really it's because MMO's are becoming the last choice. Keeping people interested on my part there is only so much I can do. People can't seem to get into the feel of the "grind" or even just dealing with other players ego's. I don't really blame them. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for WoW, and Rift but I feel like todays MMO's aren't keeping up with the changes us gamers want in the content.

 So basically, I'm at the point of giving up trying to lure people into a game they honestly don't want to play, tired of babysitting the drama that unfolds over the most ignorant problems people come up with. What do you think? Am I just not suited to take up anymore of the challenge it offers? Maybe there is something i'm missing. Hopefully things in MMO's get better. More options of the way we play them will unfold. 

 The other topic, is Civilization 5. We've been playing with a couple other friends and the game is awesome. It's different from anything else i've ever played. I'm still learning but when I do things I like to be through and through. Have you played any of them? What do you think of these types of gaming verses MMO's? Thanks for reading!
-Safiree

1 comment:

  1. I think you just can't make other people's expierence your own. You have to enjoy whatever game you are playing because you are doing just that playing a game. Sure you want people to enjoy the game you are playing also but you don't want your expierence to be worse because theirs isn't as good as you want it to be.

    I am not sure if that answers your question at all, but I tried.

    On the topic of Civs I have played them I just suck at them really bad and always seem to die so fast when I am trying to do my own thing.

    ReplyDelete