Saturday, November 26, 2011

What Did You Think Of the Commercial?

So it is Saturday and I know what you are thinking. Gauss don't you take Saturday off? The answer to that question is yes, but yesterday I was busy and could not get the Reader Post up so instead of skipping it for the week and ignoring all the emails I got contributing to it I decided to make the post on my day off. I know you are should be thankful for me doing so. I will give you 30 seconds to give thanks for me for doing so................... Ok that should do it. Now that, that is out of the way. For this week's Reader Post I wanted to know what all of you thought of the new WoW commercial featuring Chuck Norris, so let's hear what all of you thought.



I think it is a shame they didn't wait to use Chuck Norris till they did MoP. To me that would have been like doing the Ozzie commercial not in Wrath. Besides that I am glad they have gone back to the silly style commercials that everyone has known and loved for years. To me that is what making a good commercial is all about, making something that people will remember because it was funny.

It was a pretty goofy commercial. Seems to be pandering to the existing player base rather than trying to get new people to play. The revamped 1-60 zones combined with the dwindling player base seems like one of the worst uses of resources ever. Speaking of bad resource management, if that human character model isn't used for anything else other than this commercial that is airing before we get a new raid to fight clones of Vezzax, a boss from stonecore, a tauren male, a female worgen, and every dragon model ever I am going to pissed at blizzard.

Well I guess we will see a massive amount of hunters created now relating to Chuck Norris. Oh how I cannot wait for that. Besides that it was funny and I do hope they some how use that human model in game would be such a waste if they didn't.

Although i enjoyed it and appreciated the humor, i have to wonder what the objective was. Why use old vanilla style graphics? The game has some AMAZING areas they could have showed off while still keeping it fun. If I watched it but did not know WoW yet, there is no way I'd be enticed to play based on what I saw. If anything, I might think, "Hey nice looking game for my 5 year old kid".

A really funny commercial, he is a hunter in that he is a predator and can not lose. Hence they say he does not hunt because that means he can fail. He is obviously a monk, the reason for the tiger could have been in reference to either he doesn't need help to kill or maybe the dps spec will get a pet as ele shamans can summon the ghost wolves. Overall a funny commercial that would only have been funnier if his beard punched someone.

Personally for me, this commercial being released now, at the time when WoW is celebrating its 7th anniversary might say more about this commercial being a tribute to its subscribers who people that have played WoW before hence the nostalgia attached with it. And Chuck Norris showing off what might possibly be an updated human model as well as quite possibly some monk animations was a way to let the current WoW players get a slight hint of what was coming out next in MoP. Overall, this commercial was funny and did its job of reliving the nostalgia of what made WoW so great in the first place. Maybe the whiners are alliance cause they didn't get to experience the epic barrens chat!

There you have it, this week's Reader Post even if it is a day late. That you to everyone who submitted something and thank you to all those who questioned if I was alive or not for not posting yesterday. If you are interested in participating in next week's Reader Post, look for the topic during Sunday's Ask Gauss post. Until then have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the last think it was much more of a tribute to the fans for the 7 years of playing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the last post as well, hence why I think they took the more "goofy" approach.

    ReplyDelete