Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ask Gauss

So Sunday is here once again, which other than the end of the weekend it means it is time to go through my mail and answer some of it. Although, don't take that I only answer mail once a week even if you have sent something and it appears that way... Anyways, answering mail here within this post is what we call Ask Gauss. So instead of rambling on and on and on I will just go ahead and start answering.

So the Firelands is only going to have 7 bosses, and I thought what would Gauss say?

I would say that 7 bosses is probably the perfect number to an instance. You see in my opinion two of the best raids Blizzard ever made, which were challenging and had encounters, which were not just gimmicks were found in 2 raids, Blackwing Lair and Sunwell Plateau. These instances had 8 and 6 bosses respectively. Now Firelands will not only have 7 encounters to go through, but Blizzard has stated that the Ragnaros encounter on Heroic will be a different encounter as a whole and not just a harder version of the Original. This is actually great news something people have been asking for quite awhile.

The issue I think people will have with 7 bosses is it being done to quickly, which with the way Cataclysm content has gone so far I don't see this being a problem to the masses.

So Thrall is finally getting some serious time in the limelight, this good?

Well Thrall as all lore junkies know is probably one of the greatest Lore Characters this universe will ever have. He connects to both Alliance and Horde and has the feel about him that regardless of your standing you cannot help, but be a supporter of Thrall.

To me though the interesting part is Thrall is sent into the elemental planes by a member of the Twilight's Hammer. Who could this be? There is talk that Staghelm is this person and this is what pushed him over the edge. I am not really sure how this would put him into the Firelands, but I am sure everything could be explained. When thinking about someone who could have the power to do such a thing  a couple things came to mind. An Old God, and this of course I assume would be possible, but is an Old God a member of the Twilight's Hammer? Not really because Twilight's Hammer worships the Old Gods. My second thought would be Queen Azshara, who again isn't a member of the Twilight's Hammer to our knowledge, but has enough power to destroy pretty much anything. The fact of this point is Blizzard stated she would not be a boss or a major player in this expansion. So then I kept thinking. If someone was sending someone to the elemental planes they would have to have knowledge of the elements and a shaman in their own right. This got me thinking, a powerful shaman as part of the Twilight's Hammer? Who could it be? Well then it was simple...Magatha

What is a dead undead Deathknight?

A myth DKs don't die.

That is it for this week. Hope you all got the answers you seek. For next week's Reader Post I want you all to tell me who you think is behind the attack of Thrall. As always you have until Thursday night to get your submissions in. Enjoy what is left of your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great way to bring Magatha into the fold. I hope this is true actually

    ReplyDelete