Friday, April 29, 2011

Things You All Like About 4.1

So it is Friday and with every Friday comes a Reader Post. The post of the week which is made up of contributions from all of you. This week I asked you all to send in your submissions for what you think the best feature or thing added with 4.1. So without going on and on this is what you all thought.

All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Shield Bash, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities. My husband the tank/raid leader has been looking forward to this one for weeks now. In 10 man it negates the need to lose a dps from where you need them, or put them in a difficult spot just because you need to interrupt. The first phase of the Council fight in BoT is a prime example. Unless you have an elemental shaman you lose a melee from a boss where you need to focus all your dps at one point, and that melee has to run in and out or die instantly to Glaciate.

Several persistent ground effects now display different visuals for hostile and friendly players. This is the greatest change because it should have been in so long ago. I remember how bad the Lich King fight was when you couldn't see defile over frost traps. This just makes sense and has already made so many things easier. Thank you Blizzard so much.

Guild Challenges has added a very easy way for my guild to gain XP. The problems we have had lately is that people have been done questing for awhile and grinding instances so this has given us a way to get some XP and guild gold quickly and easily. When we are level capped I can just imagine how easy this will make it for the guild to fund things.

Call to Arms has shortened the DPS queues so much. I never thought they would get this low and I am glad they have. I can log on do a heroic and be off in about an hour if I want. I don't have to queue and be alt tabbed and be afraid I will miss the queue popping. And who cares about the damn bag.

The questline in STV was a lot of fun. Getting to know what you are going to be up against in ZG makes it feel like you are more involved with the Lore of the zone. I love when Blizzard gives you this opportunity with phasing and such. I hope this is exactly how it feels when we go into the Firelands.

There you have it. Thank you to everyone who submitted something it is always appreciated. I am sorry I cannot include everything it would just it too long and drawn out. If you are interested in participating check out Sunday's Ask Gauss post to see next week's topic. Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I agree heroic Halfus was much easier having a healer interrupt then a dps. Thanks Blizzard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think overal the patch has been extremely well done. We got a crapload of features and a couple 5 mans meaning 4.2 will just be the raids and the daily zone. Great idea from Blizzard in my books

    ReplyDelete