Friday, July 2, 2010

The Server Is Down

Well it is Friday and time for this week's Reader Post. This week I asked people to send in what they did while their server is down. There was a wide range of things that people did so shall we see what the Gauss Nation likes to do?

Try to do actual real work… maybe? Okay, maybe not. I can keep looking at possible wedding stuff, which I’ve been doing a lot of lately. *giggle* Oh wait, I mean “work on my dissertation”, yes that’s right.

Hang out on the forums instead of the game. That’s where I spend all my time, anyway!
Or log into twitter and cry to your friends about how the forums are down, too, because it’s a Tuesday.

Empty the bottles of urine in my desk. Ok I don't have bottles of urine I just wanted to say something funny. How about clean up my desk because I won't get a chance again till the server is down again.

Get a sunburn because it has been so long since I have been outside that it will probably happen within seconds

Picture what i would look like if i were a blond Chinese black midget with a white beard

Make a post on the forums complaining that the servers will never come back up. Threaten to stop playing and hoping they will come up up so you don't actually have to go through with your threat.

I cal my mom when the server is down it is kind of like my reminder to tell her I am still alive. So just think if the server never went down she would think I was dead and probably have some sort of party, and we can't have that.

Sing row your boat in unison with the voices in your head

Count to any number I want to pass the time. When I reach this number and the server isn't up I start over with a larger number. I know what you are thinking, but seriously I am not crazy.

Play flash games because everyone knows they are awesome. Brb I have to harvest my strawberries on farmville.

Read the patch notes over and over till I have memorized them. Then join vent and feel special when people say "what is new in this patch?" and I can tell them word for word.

Divide by zero and multiply by infinity.


So like I said there was some pretty interesting things people did and do while the servers are or were down. Let me say I was a little scared at the same time I was laughing at these. Anyways Enjoy your weekend all.

2 comments:

  1. "Divide by zero and multiply by infinity."

    lol you just had to put that in didn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auctal work is for people who have nothing better to do and I will always find something better to do.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete