Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ask Gauss

Happy July 4th to all of my American readers. Be careful not to blow yourself up when setting off your explosives. Anyways, it is Sunday and that means it is time for Ask Gauss. So shall we see what everyone had to ask this week?

What are your thoughts on Ruby Sanctum?

Well to compare it to the gear level received it is way too easy. This is of course comparing it to Lich King. Besides that I like the design of the encounter. I have been a fan of most wrath encounters because they are more of can you execute strategy rather than do you have the gear. I find this funny as well since Wrath was when the whole "GearScore" revolution has came upon us. It has taken some of my favourite mechanics and put them all together. Kalecgos design is similar to phase 3, Marrowgars flames during bonestorm, C'thun's eyebeam, and of course it being a dragon. It is a filler raid but regardless I think it was well designed. Also who doesn't love trash that actually takes some thought instead of just grouping it together and AoEing.

Do you listen to music when you play?

Not when I am raiding since I have to give instructions and obviously lead the raid. When I am just doing whatever questing or dailies of course I do. What type it really depends on the mood I am in. When I PvP I always listen to music and it is generally something that gets me in the mood to kick some ass. This way you get more of those BIG NUMBERS or OWNED moments. I actually don't know the reason for it, but it gets me motivated to whoop some ass. Maybe one day I will make another PvP video to show you all what I mean.

Did you get a Beta Key?

Sadly no. I haven't got a beta invite from Blizzard since Classic WoW.

That is it for this week. Thank you to everyone who sent their questions in. Keep them coming and I will keep on answering them Next week's Reader Post is going to be about that item which you finally got or maybe never did. Tell me the story behind it and why it has stuck with you.

Enjoy what is left of your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You would think they would want to give a invited to someone like you because you would be happy to talk about it and get feedback to them.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like RS and I don't think it is as easy as people make it sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one Gauss lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got one as well. I can't wait to spend my work hours in beta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SD went into Ruby Sanctum the first day we could. We did the raid weekly and then charged in to poke around, rifle the souvenirs and irritate the native by talking really loud and very slowly. OMG! I'm useful again! You can quickly see who knows aggro control and who doesn't. There were three hunters and I need to work with a couple on chain trapping. We knew absolutely nothing about the raid and we had a ball. We cleared the dragon that's to the right by the lake, which doesn't have fish in it. Oh come on! What's up with that? You can fish in Molten Core. Why not here? We wiped 3 times, I think, before figuring out what to do for that dragon. We weren't real successful on one of the trash 5 packs. We just couldn't keep some of the dragons CC'd enough. I do like the encounter and SD will be back in all our "What the hell are we doing here" glory.

    I haven't been sent a beta key, either. Maybe, Gauss, they are saving it for our guilds.

    --Gimmlette

    ReplyDelete