Thursday, April 1, 2010

Raid Focus

So after my quotes post I have received a lot of emails asking me if I am really such a big of an asshole to raid with. Now I will tell you I am not, but feel free to ask any of my guild mates or people I have guilded or raided with over the years and I am pretty sure they will all say the same thing. I am a nice guy, but if you piss me off well then that's another story.

I want to relate this to Raiding since most of the quotes I listed if not all of them have to do with that as their focus. I don't lead raids in order to wipe pointless for no reason. I lead raids to be successful. No matter the content that is always my focus at hand. If you have had the opportunity to be in one of my guild's Buy ToC gear runs well then you will see me in a different light. I am very calm I make jokes, but for the most part I know there are going to be bumps where people mess up, because well I am a lot of the time bringing people in who have no idea what is going on. For guild raids it is different I expect everyone to know about the encounter they are going to take part in. If they don't I expect them to ask in order to find out. There is nothing worst and you look no more idiotic then running around like a chicken with your head cut off while 24 others stand and laugh at you.

This being said raids are successful because 25 people come to achieve a goal. If 20 people come to do this and 5 people are just happy to be there bad things will happen. It is even worse if say 15 people come to kill shit, 5 people are happy to be there and then 5 people just want to do whatever the hell they want. This leads to you doing something you shouldn't, which will most likely cause a raid wipe. I am find with wiping for a purpose, when there is a reason behind it and maybe it was out of someones or the raids control. Just got bad luck with the encounter, it happens. Come back do everything again and get it done. The best example of this was when we lost out on server first KJ kill because the server lagged, which caused a wipe. Sometimes things are out of your control, live and learn. What I don't stand for is when someone who did something because they had no clue what they were to do and caused a wipe, or maybe they did know and just didn't do what they were supposed to. They didn't ask and it resulted in wasting every ones time. This I take personally because it is my job as a raid leader to make sure this doesn't happen. So nothing makes me more pissed off then someone doing something they should never have had the opportunity to do. So yes some of those quotes were said at times like this, maybe they were funny, but they got the point across. You are here to do what needs to be done to succeed don't purposely waste peoples time. People are going to say it is just a game, and I am over reacting. Well think of it this way. If you were playing a board game and someone playing took the board and through it across the room sending everything flying you would be pissed. This is the same thing to causing a wipe without knowing what to do or just being an idiot. You mess it up for everyone else. it is just the way it is.

So again I am a nice guy, for the most part, JUST DONT MAKE ME ANGRY. Reminder today is the last day to get in your excuses for being late for raid for tomorrows post. Keep sending them would love to hear them.

3 comments:

  1. raid has a goal and everyone in the raid should respect that and everyone in the raid to preform the best they can.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things need to be said. No one likes being that guy, but sometimes it has to be done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be the first to say here that Gauss is a really nice guy.
    It happened to me when I was kicked from the guild, twice (once in vanilla and then in BC). Gauss was the first one to get my back and offer to bring me back into the guild both times. I declined the second time for personal reasons.

    If you're a good smart player, Gauss will always be the first one to support you.

    ReplyDelete