Monday, November 9, 2009

Profession Leveling

So Eleeza finally decided to level her cooking yesterday and I decided to be a nice guy and help out. In truth I only think she was leveling it so she could answer my "what is the cooking daily today?" question. But either way this got me thinking and you all know when I start thinking what happens. So I know leveling primary professions can be difficult or pretty much painful and expensive. But that is not really what this is about because I most likely will never change my professions so I won't be releveling them from scratch so this isn't a problem I will have to deal with. So this has to do entirely with secondary skills.

So I leveled cooking as I leveled because this made sense, and I wasn't a lazy slacker like some of you. Also being a warrior and having a lot of down time having your own food was helpful. SO when I was killing lions, bears, and striders they were actually my level sometimes even needed to kill them for quests so it wasn't endless pain and suffering as it was yesterday. I was almost glad when we just decided to fish even if we ended up actually catching the wrong type... I should have paid more attention the slaughtering of mountain lions dulled my senses.

So as always I came to the conclusion leveling a profession while leveling makes it less painful. Of course I knew this already but this whole adventure enforced that point. I think everyone can probably agree on this and I for one will try to avoid this like the plague in the future. But then I remembered what is coming up in the new expansion. A new Secondary Skill, Archaeology.

We all are going to have to level this and we are all going to be doing it at the same time. Think about it the masses of people going all over the low level zones all at once trying to to level this. It is going to be madness(insert Sparta joke). So if yesterday I hated killing 20 lions for only 2 meats what if we weren't the only ones there at the time trying. Imagine 100s of people in the same zone doing the same dam thing. This is enough to give someone nightmares.

Did Blizzard even consider this? Or what is going to happen because of it? Or are they two busy laughing and counting their money? Sometimes I think they enjoy pain and suffering. Anyone who has gotten exalted with the Goblins knows this to be true. So if you all haven't thought about how nuts this is going to be I am glad our leveling cooking leveling escapade was the light bulb which revealed this. So suffice to say this will be one reason I won't be looking forward to patch 4.0. I am pretty sure the rage whcih will erupt because of this will be enough to make a sane person mad. It will be as if the entire WoW world rolled a ret pally... I think that's enough I just scared everyone.

So Eleeza you just gotta level your fishing for the achieve. I know you will have fun with that one so enjoy! Speaking of fishing I hate that dam turtle. Also, thanks everyone for the comments and emails I got about my new RP set. I didn't even know that many people saw it yesterday. In addition I may finally get access to on all my toons today can you believe it?

And finally don't forget to send me your vent stories as this will be Friday's readers topic. I will try to get as many included as possible just depends on the length of the entire post. I don't want it to be a novel no one wants to read a wall of text.

10 comments:

  1. Gauss was nice and helped someone? Did I hear this right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screen Shots or it didn't happen. Also now you have scared me on what to expect and I hate you

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah hes not nice, just nice to her because he kinda has to be. Isn't that how it works?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya I am pretty sure they have a thing. Guess that makes her the second most popular person on the server

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im pretty sure its more than a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of having to level it that way so not looking forward to that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever it is does it really matter and is it any of our business?

    ~Blackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't they say something about that skill not really being leveled but more so unlocked as you progress thro cata. not 100% on that tho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought they said you collect things from all over. So wouldn't that mean low levels could progress the same way through it? My guess is it will be like inscription and not JC. When 4.0 comes they will let you level it to 450 so when the xpac hits it will be smooter. Either way I don't think it will be that bad since you are finding things and kill them. Just my opinion though.

    >>~Vootoon~<<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now the new post makes sense after readin this one

    ReplyDelete