Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Record That Cannot Be Broken!

So yesterday's For The Horde was pretty special for a reason. Everyone knows I don't set level restrictions and will bring up to 10 low levels. I won't carry them and make sure they get the achieves, but I will let them try. Obviously I haven't been stupid about this, but lately anyone has game along has notice that I have been setting new records each week for the lowest level getting the entire achieve. I don't do this by summoning them into the room either. They have to do the run the same as anyone else. Before yesterday the lowest level to accomplish the feat was a level 30. I thought this was pretty epic in its own right that was until what was done yesterday.

When I started the invites I was asked to try something to see if it was possible. A level 1. A bank toon Magbank to be exact. He was even going to turn off his xp earning to ensure he would be level one for the entire run. I told him I wasn't going to make any promises and that the lowest level ever to complete it was a level 30. It was understood and we were going to give it a go.

Darnassus was where it almost ended he died upon entering the portal. Thankfully we had some people in the raid who were supporting the cause, and he was able to squeak but getting the first city.

Exodar went a lot smoother for Sx the newly draenei shaman(how could you?) thunderstormed have the raid off the boat leaving Darnassus. Then the only warlock who made it refused to summon those who got knocked off. Let's just say that warlock didn't finish out the run... By the way Sx I know you read this and it made me laugh so I approve!

What I don't understand though was how Mag made it through Stormwind without dying. So many guards were being pulled from aggroing to him. It was pretty funny. I guess it helped though that there were other low levels aggroing things as well. All of you who don't agree with my killing guards as you go strat let it be known that this got Mag to the keep.

We took the UC port from Stormwind then headed to Stonard. Of course Mag was going to need the summons to Kagarth how would he have the flight path? Anyways I dropped the Fish Feast and laughed when it raised his hp from 88 fully buffed to 488. Apparently anyone can get well fed from a fish feast.

Mag died like 3 times on the run to Ironforge through the Badlands into Loch Modan and finally into Dun Morogh. Those patrolling dwarfs really hated him. At this point there was no stopping Mag was getting the achieve. We stopped and rezzed him each time. I knew it was going to be tough getting him into the kings room since we were mounting the entire way but he made it. In fact he almost lived through the entire encounter.

Gauss gets a Level 1 For The Horde!!! For the doubters here is Mag's Screen Shot

For The Horde Level 1

So we have a record that cannot be broken. Now we need to think of other records to do for the runs. Remember to start sending your emails about crazy happenings on vent for next Friday. Till tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. OMG thats awesome lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Possible to do it in a tux/black dress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. themed runs would be fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you pulled that off. Again with the ability to amaze

    ReplyDelete