Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gauss' Landmarks

So I was talking in guild chat the other day and someone needed me to craft them something when they asked me where I was. Of course I said "At my mailbox" this got us into the conversation of how Gauss' mailbox should be its own zone. This then got me thinking of specific places from the past and now that were truly mine. So here goes

Gauss' Mailbox: Obviously this started the idea so will start with this one. For all you clueless types when I am in Dalaran I am doing one of the following. a)putting stuff in the guild bank. b) leaving Dalaran, or 3)At my mailbox answering mail, either shaking my head at the retarded people or laughing at the hate mail I get on a daily basis. I always answer the hate mail though because I find it somewhat amusing how people can get so pissed off over something so stupid. For those who still have no idea which mailbox I am talking about it is the one outside North Bank at the bottom of the stairs close to the cake lady. You will often see Kùsh on top of the cake stand pointing at me.

Boomstick Imports: This was the place of operations for Gauss' Emporium. There was a WoW party to the max anytime I was in here with the shop open. Dancers, bouncers, doorman, fireworks, and anything else you could think of. This place has almost been petitioned for a name change several times. It even got many signatures on the suggestion forums by my fellow Llaners, but it seems Kaja would be out of a job so it was denied. Again for the dumbass' who don't know where this is, it is the little shop next to the Auction House in Orgimmar. If I ever reopen the Emporium it will once again be here.

Gaussian Killing Fields: After I achieved my rank of High Warlord my next quest was to become exalted with the Timbermaw faction, because at level 60 this trinket was beyond OP for a warrior. This reputation has since been made much easier today since blizzard for some reason wants to make things easy for the random idiot *cough* Bagellord *cough*. Anyways after raids I spent my time her endlessly killing the dam furbolgs to collect my feathers. I renamed this the "Gaussian Killing Fields" because of the mass amounts of corpses which were around when people came to visit. I even changed the name on my map mod to which it still shows the name today! If you are interested in finding them and are a moron and have no idea where the Deadmaw clan is they are in the Northern part of felwood just west of Timbermaw Hold.

Cottage Country: One day I was bored and decided to test out my fish trinket. You know the one that turns you into a fish? If you don't know look it up I am not explaining where I got it. Anyways I swam from Westfall up the coast passing Stormwind harbour and making my way into Dun Morogh. When I found this little cottage were a retired goblin admiral is. There is no way to get here unless you swim or jump off the mountains. It has a little dock and everything. I so would buy this place or just kill the Goblin and be done with it. The best is when people see where you are and say "WTF are you doing there?" ah good times.

The Crypt: By Karazhan there is a crypt by the graveyard which you used to be able to get inside if you died and rezzed on the other side of the bars. Sadly you cannot do this anymore, but you can hear about how awesome it was from yours truly. There is a room called "the upside down cinders" basically this is a room which is upside down and flooded with water. This is by far the coolest looking room in all of WoW. Also there is a room which has a giant pile of bones in the corner and is just lite by torches pretty sweet looking. Not to mention a room called "The Pit" which is littered with bones and it creates a massive pit in the middle. This was where Syphyn and I Celebrated our Timbermaw rep by having the two little dudes duel it out. Motzkin vs Marcel! I do hope blizzard opens this place eventually would be sweet to have some encounters in some of these rooms.

South Shore Guard Tower: Before Battlegrounds came out and there was just world PvP there was always back and forth battles between both factions at Tarren Mill and South Shore. When we pushed them back to South Shore I always got our group to take position in the Guard Tower. The Horde was always out numbered but this allowed us to funnel people in for mass casualties. The alliance being stupid would keep attacking and we could hold this place for hours with ease. If I were to take a guess I would say minimum 5,00 of my Honorable kills were done from this very tower.

Theramore Docks: This is where I leveled my fishing to 300. I did it flagged for PvP so it would add some excitement to a rather boring task. People would attack me getting off the boat and I would dance on their corpses with my fishing pole. Good times here including the epic battles for control of the pirate cart.

UBRS: Now I hated this place, but the thing was you used to need a key to open it. Myself of course was like one of the only people horde side to have the key. Pug groups would want to summon me to open this dam door. Not to mention I had to run this place countless times to finish the Onyxia quest chain. It felt like I never left this dam Hell hole. The jokes of "Why isn't Gauss in UBRS?" Just weren't funny after the 200th time. Maybe this is why I hate people, but hey who knows.

ThunderBluff: The greatest city in WoW it used to be the only city were you could use the AH, Mailbox, Bank, Repair, Fish, Cook, and buy regents all within 10-15 steps. Only a Cow Town could be so awesome. Anyways I would always get my portals to go here because it was just that awesome. Not to mention didn't have the random tools coming up to you and opening trade wanting money. It seems Blizzard finally learned from TB and added much of the spoils of TB to the other cities, but there can only be one TB and it is still awesome.


So just some quick notes here. I will nto be running a For The Horde Friday, and Saturday it will depend upon if I get back in the afternoon or the evening. I still plan to run some old school raids Saturday night I told Kùsh I would finish out his achievement list. So he would be happy to answer the questions of where we are going while I am gone. Yes Kùsh can thank me later for all the attention.

3 comments:

  1. You should open the Emporium again it was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. No FtH on Friday? Okay, that's good news because I'm rather busy and can't put up my usual mediocre fight. Saturday might be okay if it's late.

    I just love going to IF and announcing, "Gauss is on his way from SW with an FtH raid. Need people to defend the king." and having people say, "Gauss is leading it? Forget defense. You won't stop him. Just let him kill the king."

    /salute man. I consider it a badge of honor to be stepped on by you; even better if we manage to stop one of your raids. What aggravates me, however, is how you manage to wait until I've left IF and can't get back to participate in the kill or, usually, be killed.

    But I'm a wee bit confused. Don't all 3,597 of you horde have bears by now?

    --Gimmlette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wondered what alliance was thinking when they see Gauss riding into the city.

    -Boggle

    ReplyDelete